Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The last of the autumn leaves are about to fall.....

Friday 9th June 2000

Winter has truly set in and it has been raining for a week now. The last of the autumn leaves are about to fall. The tree outside the office window, which last week was covered in red and gold now has one red leaf left. Time is passing but for me it seems to be standing still. Standing still in that room at the Childrens. So many things go through my head, I don’t know where to start.

We had a little boy Sam and I, we had already decided on his name. Sam knew all along that he was a boy, I kind of guessed but wasn’t sure. I can clearly see the moment he came out, yes a boy.

We called him Aaron Joseph and he looked so much like Sam.
I look back through this diary, I wanted to give it to the baby. I wanted a record just in case something happened to me. I wanted to show how much I wanted and loved this baby growing inside me. I was so naive, so sure that it would all go well, so confident that our baby wouldn’t end up in the intensive care room they showed us at the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment